Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cool Toy Tuesday: ASL Alphabet Blocks

Organic ASL Alphabet Blocks via Little Sapling Toys
Language has always been fascinating to me. When I was a kid I used to pretend that I knew how to sign. My friend and I would be out and about signing to one another as if we knew what we were doing. We didn't. We would also pretend we spoke a multitude of foreign languages. We didn't. Embarassing, yes, but only in retrospect. At the time we were just kids playing around with language. 

At this point in my life I have acquired a few real signs through an ASL class in college and by learning from a student of mine several years ago. I use a few signs regularly in class and Rian and I have been working on using some baby signing with Jack. I see towers of words in our future with these cool ASL blocks!

No comments: