Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cool Toy Tuesday: Polar Bears


Sometimes nothing is cooler than a sweet stuffed animal. There is a lot of room for imaginative play with a little snuggly friend. I have always had a fondness for polar bears and thought this little one might make a good friend for Jack. Polar bears have a rather interesting grace about them for being such large and dangerous creatures. Seeing them in the zoo, always makes my heart hurt a bit, knowing their wanderlust is not met. Since I have no desire to get close or get little Jack close to a real polar bear (bears, you have my full respect), I thought it might be nice to snuggle up to a fleece one.
The Polar Bear via ohsherry
And what goes better with a cozy polar bear, than a relaxation book about a boy and a polar bear? My good friend, who is a school counselor, recommended this book to me for my second grade class. It is just a simple story that incorporates relaxation techniques. The second graders LOVED it. They were breathing deeply with the book and "sinking into the floor." I read it after lunch for the first few weeks of school and our post-lunch recess drama quietly flew out the window. This would be a great bedtime book too!

A Boy and A Bear via Amazon

No comments: