Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Cool Toy Tuesday: Double Rainbow

Having Jack makes me reminisce about my own childhood quite a bit. I got to thinking recently about how much my sister and I loved all things rainbow during our younger years (I also loved all things pink, but we won't talk about that). One year we saved up our money and both bought crystals. We dangled those crystals in front of any window we could find.

Oh and then there was Rainbow Brite, can you believe she was in charge of all the colors of the earth?!? Girl had some mad rainbow skillz, er, skills.

Another year my sister, Becky, got a tie-dyed rainbow outfit (I was secretly jealous, well, maybe not-so-secretly). My mom could not get her to take it off. She would have to peel it off of her at night whilst she slept, just to wash it. I believe that same year she went by the name RainbowKittyCatPuppyDogCrystalBeckyMegan (sorry Becks, but it was too awesome not to include).

Being a kid rocks, it's a colorful time, filled with wonder and discovery. I still get filled with wonder and awe when suprised by a sun shower and rainbow. I hope Jack enjoys rainbows as much as we did when we were kids. Here are a few toys that might inspire him to play with color:
003531_4c_f_01
Kaleidoscopic Blocks via Haba
Grimm's Spiel und Holz Large Grimm's Spiel und Holz Large Rainbow StackerStacker
Grimm's Spiel & Holz Large Rainbow Stacker via ChildTrek



This guy appreciates rainbows too
(sorry, I could not write a post about rainbows and not include this):


No comments: