Saturday, July 2, 2011

Grateful Journal: July 1, 2011




Jack has discovered the man in the mirror! I am not sure he knows who that cute little boy staring back at him is, but he sure likes to smile at him, talk to him and sometimes, give him a squeal of approval. The work he does with the mirror fascinates me to no end.


My mama is so wonderful! She is so honest about motherhood, shares what she knows and listens to me vent about what I don't. She has been such a generous and validating mama, I love her so.  

Hazelnut has shown up in a few indulgent treats this week, including hazelnut ice cream and hazelnut/chocolate gelato. I know, I know, but it's summer. 


My friend Nicki and I went to see a concert at Edgefield, one of my favorite venues. Even though I was exhausted, missing Jack and leaking breast milk, it was so nice to be out. Bluegrass tunes, picnic blankets, summer rain and that handmade hazelnut ice cream I was speaking so fondly of made for a lovely evening.


Rian was out of town this week (we missed him!), so life was a little wild around these parts. On top of the daily chaos, I got a creepy computer virus. I lost it. Luckily, I have the kindest family. I called up my brother-in-law and he came over without hesitation, valiantly fighting the nasty computer virus for several hours. He won! He saved my computer (and a bit of my sanity). He is also the best uncle to Jack (as documented above).  

No comments: