Friday, July 15, 2011

Grateful Journal: July 15, 2011


Jack and I spend most of our afternoons hanging out on the carpet smiling at one another. When in your life do you get to spend two hours laying on the ground
with a big goofy grin on your face? Well, I guess when you are a new parent. 
Our little sparrow smiles at me, smiles at himself in the mirror and is totally smitten by
some of the new tunes we've been listening to (see below).

I love the lilt of this woman's voice, so does Jack.

Sometimes it is nice to jazz up your water. My favorite summertime drink (aside from wine, which I miss very, very much): 2/3 water, 1/3 lemonade, 2 ice cubes.
It's all in the details.

This man is special. He makes me smile. He makes me laugh. He grounds me. He makes our family whole. I love him. I am so grateful I get to walk through life with him. 



Not the Carly Simon song, but rather the feeling of anticipation in the air. There are some changes ahead for me. Normally I have a love/hate relationship with change, but I am trying to embrace it this time and enjoy the feeling of anticipation that comes with taking a risk.

No comments: