Friday, July 29, 2011

Grateful Journal: July 29, 2011


We have been trying to surround this little boy with books from the beginning. He is really starting to take to story times and loves to look intently at the pictures. This makes my teacher heart melt.

I am jumping into a new teaching job (and across state lines no less). It is an exciting change and my new school seems wonderful (I even got a hug from one of the teachers there upon arrival). Despite my excitement to try something new, it is also very difficult to leave a very dear community and very dear friends. I have learned so much from the teachers, students and staff at my school and am so grateful that I get to take those experiences with me as I begin a new adventure.

My father-in-law saved the day this week! I had to move my classroom quickly and he kindly agreed to help me move about a million books, bookshelves and carpets on Thursday. Having his help (and that of my friend Melanie and my mom's superb babysitting services) made what could have been a very stressful day, a smooth one. I am so grateful for kind and generous family members like him!

Summer has finally arrived in Portland and it is spectacular!

To celebrate three months of Jack, I had my first glass of wine this week in over a year.
Oh wine, how I have missed thee.

No comments: